Star Melt Towel
Emma Safir (pronounced sapphire) is an artist based in New York who recently graduated with her MFA in Painting + Printmaking from the Yale School of Art. Safir navigates the opacity of intersubjective experience and the transience of memory through material exploration and manipulation. She integrates weaving, smocking, lens-based media, rasterization, upholstery, among other methods. Her towel is inspired by one the artist had as a child; as she recalls its memory, it fades, and the stars begin to melt away.
- Woven using traditional American jacquard weaving methods
- in a 3rd generation family-owned South Carolina mill.
- Perfect for bath or beach.
- Small batch
- Limited edition.
- 96% cotton, 4 % polyester
- 30" x 60"
- Wash in cold water, tumble dry low
- Ships in limited edition cotton pouch